Another tagging thingo from Facebook. Thanks Tam. 🙂
Disclaimer: The following is classified B+. For Boring. Extra dosage of that, too.
Read on at your own peril. I take no responsibility if your brain decides to snooze off in the process and your head goes BANG on the keyboard.
25 random things about me. Me! Meeeee!
- I love colours. But am also quite particular about them. Claude Monet the great artist summed it up pretty well: “Color is my daylong obsession, joy and torment.”
- I’d rather have a bouquet of the same flowers in the same colour, rather than a mixed one.
- I love food and wouldn’t hesitate trying out new dishes. But am not adventurous when it comes to meat. Seafood and vegies, on the other hand… mmm…
- I sometimes wish I was left-handed, like Mum. It’s rather cool.
- I have long arms, long hands, long finger, long feet, long toes, long face. SHORT legs!!! (And here is the part where I try to not scream out in despair.) In short (zing!), rather like a monkey. Why. Oh. WHY?
- I have long second and middle toes. Which makes wearing certain types of shoes a bit of a pain, literally. Case in point: extra narrow pointed-toed pumps.
- I like the number 7.
- I think silly thoughts. Like, if Newton hadn’t discovered the law of gravity back then, would I have thought of it, when eating peanuts by throwing them in the air and trying to catch them in my mouth, only to have most of them land on my nose instead? And that’s just one of many.
- I play the piano. Rather badly, to be quite frank. But am forever thankful that Mum used to threaten me into practising by saying she was selling our piano. That would get me to train for about 2 weeks. Then I’d slack off again until her next threat about someone coming to pay for and pick up the thing the very next day. Mum’s so cute!
- When I was 6, my parents almost sent me to a professional music school. Mum freaked out the night before my entrance exam and withdrew the application.
- Mum didn’t let me learn the violin because she was afraid I’d end up with a permanently tilted head. (I told you she’s cute!)
- I still love Flowerbomb (the fragrance by Victor & Rolf), after more than 100ml and 2 years. That’s a first. Previous loves include Michael Kors and L’Eau d’Issey, each lasted around a year and a half.
- I like painting my nails. And have found the trick to it is to have your weaker hand do your dominant hand FIRST. If you’re a girl, try it and you’ll understand. 🙂
- I wear jeans / long pants about ONCE a month. The rest of the time it’s frocks, skirts, shorts, stockings.
- I don’t like to wear black. Especially not head to toe block black. Therefore have very few black clothes.
- I love seeing people’s childhood photos.
- When I was 11, I had a (badly rhymed) poem published in a kids’ mag in Vietnam. Can’t remember what I did to the pay.
- Back in school I used to collect stickers religiously. Still have a huge stash.
- I wish I had been allowed to take painting, dancing, and singing classes when I was little. Particularly dancing!
- I sometimes repeat a single, random word, either aloud or in my head, either in Vietnamese or English, until it starts to sound very strange.
- I often translate (in my head) what I’ve writen from English to Vietnamese, and vice versa. I may translate a book one day, who knows?
- I like watching people.
- I like watching what people wear.
- 10 years ago I created my own alphabet — a mix of Vietnamese & English — and still use it in my diary. No one has yet managed to decipher it. Not that I’d let them.
- I like giving people nicknames, and being given nicknames. (only nice ones please.)
So now I’ve got to hop over to Pokey Land and and find 25 other people to tag. That’s a lot of work!
If you’ve made it this far, here’s a bonus photo of when I used to look like a boy: